A good neurofeedback specialist can help you train your brain and improve brain functions without taking medicine for it. How many brain-related illnesses have been treated with the help of the neurofeedback method? Starting from the common migraine to serious conditions such as ADHD or bipolar disorder, to the autistic spectrum, many conditions can be treated and improved with the help of the right neurofeedback specialist.
What are the attributes of a good neurofeedback professional?
A good neurofeedback specialist must possess the following qualities:
- One or more certifications in various neurofeedback methods, such as the traditional EEG or the newer LoRETA;
- Extensive knowledge in neuroscience;
- Ability to work with the various tools required for neurofeedback, starting from analyzing the classical EEG to being able to handle 3D neurofeedback as well;
- Ability to interact on a deeper level with people and help them achieve their desired goal while practicing neurofeedback;
- Empathy and patience, as well as attention to detail and a desire for a job well done;
- A continuous interest for the latest developments in the field of applied neuroscience and neuropathy.
When searching for a good specialist, make sure they show these traits before making a decision.
What goals can you achieve with the help of the right neurofeedback specialist?
No matter if you are suffering from a serious condition in relation to the brain or you only want to improve your brain’s overall functions, applying for a neurofeedback program can help you do that in as many sessions as you need.
A good neurofeedback specialist should be able to help you reach goals such as:
- Improved performance – lawyers, musicians, high executives or athletes are often interested in enhancing their cognitive ability and mental functioning, which is why it is no surprise they prefer neurofeedback as a way to reach their whole potential;
- Emotional balance – when you are dealing with problems like stuttering, anxiety, anger, impulsivity, an annoying habit, as well as depression or lack of motivation, choosing a neurofeedback specialist to help you back on track will usually work wonders, no psychiatrist needed;
- A solution to problems like poor sleep quality or chronic fatigue as well as a way to overcome trauma or the chronic state of heightened awareness as a result of that trauma – in this case, neurofeedback addresses the subconscious level of your brain, helping it shift into a normal pattern again, no reliving of the event necessary;
- Self-development and a more creative approach on life – neurofeedback is perfect if you want to put some order in your mind and discover that happy thoughts can be trained as well;
- Addressing youth-related problems such as behavioral issues and attention problems, as well as hyperactivity, autism or developmental problems.
Neurofeedback – a technique that works wonders with the right person by your side
If you are worried that your child or your relative will not be able to handle the world as they are suffering from autism, dyslexia or other developmental issues, do not despair.
By relying on a good specialist in neurofeedback, you may find yourself brimming with hope once again, as your child or relative will be in the care of professionals who will adopt an integrated “back to basics” approach, including nutrition, sensory skills and neurofeedback training. That way, your dear one may have a chance at a normal life, a happier life within the society. San Diego neurofeedback specialist Dr. Michael Villanueva has years of experience with QEEG to provide the most comprehensive neurofeedback solutions for your brain and general well-being. His Sorrento Valley office is convenient to both the 805 and 5 freeways and can be found here, 11230 Sorrento Valley Rd Suite 210. You can also call him for a free consultation at (858) 952-7660.